I was a little nervous about making hubby a birthday cake without having made it before. What’s more, one of his favourite things in life is cheesecake. Like cheesecake with ALL the cheese, even though it doesn’t particularly agree with him! But I managed to win him over, in fact, he said you wouldn’t even know it didn’t have dairy in it. WIN!
- Food processor
For the base
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
For the cheesecake layers
- 2 cups raw cashew nuts soaked in cold water overnight or for at least 4 hours
- ½ cup coconut milk or any nut milk you prefer
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp grass-fed gelatin bloom in 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup raspberries frozen or fresh are both fine
- 3 tbsp lemon juice or 6x drops of Lemon essential oil
For the top layer
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or 3x drops of Lemon essential oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
- Line a spring form pan with brown baking paper or grease with coconut oil.
- Base Layer – In a food processor, add all the base ingredients and blitz until comes together like a dough. Don't over blitz. Press into bottom of pan.
- Filling Layers – white – Next add all the filling ingredients (except the raspberries) to the food processor and blitz until the mixture is creamy – approx 2-3 minutes – scrape down the sides if needed. Add more coconut milk if needed. Pour 2/3 of this mixture onto your base.
- Filling Layers – pink – With the last third and add the raspberries and blitz until smooth. Then add this mixture on top of the cream layer.
- For the top layer – Add all the ingredients to the food processor and blitz, then add to the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for around 4 hours or until firm. Enjoy!