Gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar free, no bake
- Food processor
For the Base
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates pre-soaked then drained
For the Filling
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates pre-soaked then drained
- 1 cup coconut cream use cream from top of can set in the fridge
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp grass-fed gelatin I like Great Lakes brand
For the Topping
- 4 Kiwifruit sliced
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream use cream from top of can set in the fridge
- 2 rows dark chocolate grated
- 1-2 tsp grass-fed gelatin if needed to help hold the cream
- 2 tbsp stevia if desired
- BASE: Add the base ingredients to a food processor and blitz until forms a dough – may need to scrape down the sides a couple of times. In a pie dish lined with brown baking paper, press out the dough mixture and place in the freezer to set.
- FILLING: In the same food processor (I don't bother cleaning in between) add the filling ingredients and blitz until smooth and creamy. Take base out of freezer and scrape filling in then return to the freezer.
- TOPPING: Whip coconut cream, start on a slower speed and increase speed until whipped. Use gelatin sparingly as you don't want it to set sold, just add half a teaspoon at a time, whip then review. Once satisfied with cream, spread over filling and layer on sliced kiwifruit and finish off by grating dark chocolate over the dessert.
Remember – the night before, put the coconut cream in the fridge (2 cans) so that the cream rises to the top. When making recipe the next day, don’t shake the cans – open the can and scrape out the cream and use as per method instructions.