Chocolate Orange Raw Balls
Gluten, grain, dairy free, no bake
- Food processor
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup of any nuts or seeds you like choose from cashews, almonds, macadamias, hazelnuts, sunflowers, chia, sesame
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa or cocao
- 1 cups soft Medjool dates pitted, soaked for 5 minutes in hot water
- 3 rows dark chocolate or ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (sugar free)
- 1 orange rind grated, juice squeezed
- 6 drops wild orange essential oil optional
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes, drain thoroughly.
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor except the dates and chocolate and whizz until crumbly but not too fine.
- Add the dates and whizz until mixture is sticking together like a dough.
- Add the dark chocolate and pulse a few times until the chocolate has broken down small enough to be able to roll mixture into balls.
- Roll mixture into balls and optional to roll in desiccated coconut, cocoa, drizzle or coat in melted dark chocolate or grated orange rind.