Super nutritious, a delicious and easy way to get extra veges and herbs into the kids to benefit their health without them noticing too much. A pleasant change from the traditional beef meatloaf, eat hot or allow to cool and slice easily the following day. Pro tip, lay the carrots cross ways so will run in line with the knife! (The opposite way to my picture!)
Veg Loaded Chicken Loaf
- 500g organic chicken mince
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¾ cup of fresh herbs, whatever you like, chopped I used parsley, taragon, rosemary
- 1 head of bok choy or pak choy
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup grated pumpkin or thereabouts
- 1 cup grated kumara or thereabouts
- 2 tbsp of rice, tapioca, buckwheat, sorghum flour just to help hold it together
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fanbake.
- Put all of the ingredients (except the carrot and pumpkin seeds) in a large bowl and mix together.
- Line a loaf tin with brown baking paper and pour in mixture (you might have enough for 2 loaf tins, might just need to shorten the cooking time).
- Sprinkle over pumpkin seeds and lay carrots across ways on the loaf.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove from loaf tins and slice.