Jump to Recipe
Chicken Vege Lasagna
Pasta, gluten, grain free, can be dairy free
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin chopped
- 2-3 zucchinis sliced lengthways
- 1-2 kumara sliced lengthways
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or 2 tsp dried
- 2 tsp curry powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups silverbeet or spinach chopped
- 2 cups leftover chicken more or less if you like
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- cheese grated or use nutritional yeast
- Steam pumpkin until soft.
- In meantime prepare zucchini & kumara and dry roast for 15 mins (this removes some moisture so not a soggy lasagna!)
- In frying pan melt and soften onions, add garlic, herbs, salt & pepper, silverbeet/spinach, chicken and stir until greens are wilted.
- Whizz pumpkin and coconut cream to the consistency of a thick sauce (add more cream if needed)
- Stir in chicken mixture.
- Assemble lasagna – start with kumara, then zucchini then pumpkin/chicken mixture. Finish with pumpkin/chicken mixture and top with cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.