Jump to Recipe
These drool worthy, wholefood Chicken Vege Burgers will be the envy of any bun. Add meaningful nutrients to your plate and ditch the processed bread with these tasty kumara options.
Chicken Vege Burgers
Gluten, grain, sugar free.
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 sml onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- ¼ of a pumpkin, grated (approx 2 cups grated)
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 large red kumara (sweet potato)
- 1 large orange kumara (sweet potato)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp rosemary, fresh or dried
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients and mix together well.
- Heat oven to 160°C fanbake. Line a tray with brown baking paper and shape burgers – makes about 9.
- Cook for 15 minutes and flip over, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Slice kumara approx 1cm thick. Line a tray with brown baking paper and place on tray.
- Brush both sides with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and rosemary.
- Cook for 15 minutes and flip over, add pumpkin and sesame seeds to this side, slightly press in and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Assemble your burger with your pattie and all your favourite ingredients! Lettuce greens, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, avocado, egg, sauerkraut, beetroot, cheese (or dairy free cheese)…